The Library has acquired a subscription through ebrary to a fabulous collection of education books, all available fully online. Some of the titles included are:
- About Teaching Mathematics by Marilyn Burns
- Social Development in Young Children by Susan Isaacs
- Teaching with the Brain in Mind by Eric Jensen
- Excellence of Play by Janet Moyles
- Differentiation in Practice by Carol Ann Tomlinson
- Shame of the Nation by Jonathan Kozol
- Awakening Children’s Minds by Laura Berk
- Childhood Bilingualism by Peggy McCardle
Go to the library’s home page for a direct link to ebrary when you’re at college. There’s a link on my.bankstreet.edu to jump-start at home (go to the student tab and scroll down to the library resources to find the ebrary link).
The above is a screenshot of my ebrary bookshelf. It’s a great resource and is jam-packed full of useful, fun features but it really does pays to visit ebrary’s training site, and to download a tutorial to get the most out of the collection.
We are hoping to add the ebrary collection into our new online catalog system in the not too distant future (we’ll keep you posted).