Did you know that iPhone (and iPad) users can add custom icons to their homescreens? No more fumbling around on a tiny keyboard to get to the good stuff. It’s really easy – this is how to do it.
- Open up your Safari browser on the iPhone and browse to a website you’d like to add, for example http://admissions.wordpress.com.
- Tap the middle icon, it looks like a box with an arrow coming out of the top towards the right.
- And then “Add to Home Screen” button when prompted.
- Enter a name for your new icon, e.g., “Admissions Blog” (consider length)
- And tap the “Add” button at the top-right of the screen.
- When you return to your Home Screen you will see an “Admiss… Blog” icon that when tapped, takes you directly to Bank Street’s Admission’s Blog. Enjoy!
- As you can see, we got carried away and made a folder of Bank Street icons:
A big thank you goes out to the people at LibGuides for letting us in on the secret!