- Enter the title of the book you want to read. Make sure to select the “Book” button below the search box. Then hit “Go.”
2. The next page shows you the results from your title search. To locate the book in the library click on the highlighted title: Yardsticks.
3. After selecting the right book, the catalog will show you the book’s catalog record (picture below).
4. Before venturing out into the library to find the book, look for these 3 things on the record to help you find the book easier:
- Shelving Location: Where the book is located in the library.
- Call Number: The alpha-numeric code that tells you where the book is on the shelf (read the first number as a whole number, in this instance it’s 305).
- Availability: If the book is available for check-out it will say Available in green type. If the book is Checked-out or Lost the writing in the Availability column will be red type.
5. Now go forth and find your book!