With every new iteration of the Library’s catalog Koha, we find we have to re-learn simple tasks such as creating and emailing booklists. It was with surprise and delight that this time around creating and emailing a booklist was kind of easy. Just remember, it’s all about “logging in and the cart.” Here’s what you need to do.
- Start your booklist here by typing in your topic
- Select the Find Books radio button
- Hit Go.
- Login to your account (see Log in link – top right-hand corner). This activates a pop-up box.
- Type in your 14 digit library barcode
- Type in your password (the default is changeme)
- Hit Sign in.
- Now that you are logged in (you’ll see your first name in blue with an exclamation mark next to it).
- Select books by checking boxes next to titles
- As you select books you will see a corresponding number in the Selected tab go up
- Once you are done, add your selection to the cart (in this example there are five books).
- You are logged in, you’ve selected some titles, and added them to a cart. Now it’s time to check the cart has items in it (see the number 5 next to the cart icon). Onwards!
- This may seem redundant but re-select the books you want to email to yourself and others (the checkmarks must be blue)
- Now, tap the email icon.
- Type in the email address you would like the booklist to go to.
- Change the subject to something that is meaningful and will help you find the booklist at a later date.
- Now, all you have to do is hit send.
If click the blue hyperlinks above in your email (highlighted in yellow), you’ll be taken to the item’s catalog record. You can also see the call numbers – remember, all the numbers and letters are important for finding items in the stacks.
It sounds like a lot of work but once you have down it, your book list can live on forever, especially if you leave a copy in the cloud of your choice.