eReserves is a very convenient way for faculty to share readings with students, that are:
- Chapters from books (the Library takes care of any copyright issues)
- or journal articles that can’t be found through our databases.
Spoiler alert: There is a lot of clicking involved!
Tip: Use Firefox for best results. Chrome on a MAC also seems to work.
- Go to eReserves drop-down menu on the Library’s homepage
- Select Course Pages.
- Click Electronic Reserves & Reserves Pages.
- Click course pages by instructor
- From the pulldown menu select your instructor
- Hit Search.
Yes, the other tabs also work but most people find the instructor tab is the easiest.
- Check to see that you have the right class, sometimes an instructor has more than one class listed
- Click the Course Number hyperlink.
- Now type in the course page password. Your instructor should have emailed you the password. If you are experiencing any problems contact your instructor, alternatively ask reference librarians Peter or Grace.
- Select Accept.
- Click on the article you would like to read.
Nearly there! Click the PDF icon. In this example it is “Child Life Assessment.”
Read and Enjoy!