The PlumX widget is being added to EBSCO’s Discovery Service (EDS) sometime in August 2016. On the library’s website, EDS is accessed through the Search Everything button on the Library’s homepage.
This visual widget presents data based on the following five metric categories:
- Usage – The most sought after metric after citations
- Captures – A leading indicator of citations
- Mentions – Where people are truly engaging
- Social Media – Tracks the promotion and buzz of research
- Citations – When one document cites another
In the past, students have had to rely on Google Scholar to ascertain an articles popularity. We’re hoping PlumX will become an additional tool for students to gather metrics.